How to Turn Phones Tablets Laptops Into Baby Monitors In 2023? – Step-by-Step Guide
Do you have an old Android phone, iPhone, laptop, or iPad that you don’t use anymore? You can turn it into a baby monitor using a few different methods. And, honestly, you will get an extra monitor for the nursery.
In this article, I will show you how to turn your old Android phone, iPhone, laptop, or iPad into a baby monitor.
You can use Kindle Fire as a Baby Monitor also Amazon Alexa Home or Echo Show.
How to turn an old iPhone into a baby monitor?
You can use two iPhones, iPads, or even a combination. It doesn’t matter if they’re your current devices or old ones you don’t use anymore.
Setup time: 2 minutes.
How it works: With FaceTime, you can set up a video call with your sleeping child.
How to do it:
- Put a phone or tablet next to your child’s bed so you can see them when they wake up. If you want to be able to see the screen clearly, you might need to prop it up using a book or something so that it doesn’t fall. Just ensure it isn’t within reach of the child when they wake up.
- On the second phone, open the FaceTime app. It’s your monitor. Enter the phone number/email address associated with the first phone. If you own two iPhones or iPads, you can Facetime yourself from either device by entering your Apple ID. If one of them belongs to your partner, call them using their phone number or Apple ID.
- To start the video call, click the green camera icon on FaceTime.
- If you accept the FaceTime call, you should now see your kid on the screen. Turn off the volume on the camera, and you are ready to use your iPhone as a baby monitor.
Pros: Setup takes less than 3 minutes and only requires one account.
Cons: Works only on IOS devices and accounts.
How to turn an Android phone or tablet into a baby monitor?
What you’ll need: Either two Android smartphones or tablets will do.
Setup time: 5 minutes.
If you use Google Hangouts, Google Duo, or Skype to make voice calls, making them is identical to making FaceTime calls above. You can also use an app called Baby Cam, which works just as well. We like Nancy Baby Monitor. It works on Android, which means you can connect both phones if you and your spouse are a divided (iOS vs. Android) family.
How to do it:
- Open both devices’ Nancy Baby Monitor app from the Google Play Store.
- On the camera device itself, select the Baby icon. A number should be displayed.
- You need to select the “Parent” icon on the monitor device. Then enter the number from the camera.
- When both devices are paired, the video should play on the screen. If not, check the settings for each device and ensure they’re set correctly.
- Make sure the volume is turned down on the camera device, but don’t mute the microphone. If you’d like to hear audio, turn up the volume on the microphone.
Pros: Free, short delay, Cross-platform, and easy to set up.
Cons: The 4-digit security pin is debatable, and few customizing options.
How to turn an old laptop or iPad into a baby monitor?
You will need: An iPad or laptop with a built-in camera, an internet connection, and a pair of Google or Skype accounts. You can use our phone as a monitor if you have one laptop or iPad.
Setup time: 5 minutes.
How it works: You can use Google Hangouts or Microsoft Skype for Business to set up a video call from your laptop or iPad to another laptop or iPad. It doesn’t matter which device works as a webcam.
How to do it:
- Put the laptop or iPad within reach of the sleeping child, but not so close that they might accidentally touch it.
- Sign in to Google Hangouts from your laptop or iPad using Google account A.
- Log into Hangouts on your phone using your Google account B.
- Send a video chat request (camera icon) to the phone from the laptop.
- From Your Phone Accept the request.
- Once the conversation has started, dim your laptop’s screen and lower the volume. If you’re using battery power, ensure that the Power Save settings aren’t set to shut down your laptop mid-stream.
Pros: If you don’t have a spare, you can use your phone for work while your kid sleeps. It’s cross-platform and free! You can get the job done anywhere.
Cons: If you want to use Skype or Google Hangouts for video calls, you’ll need two different accounts. It can be tricky setting up since laptops are large.
Note: Keep an eye on battery levels, cellular data limits, and storage space. Don’t forget to turn off Wi-Fi when not using it.
Is It Safe To Use An Old Android Phone, iPhone, Laptop, And iPad As A Baby Monitor?
We’re pretty confident that most people have already heard horror stories of babies being monitored by their phones. However, if you want to be extra safe, using your phone as a monitor may be the safest option.
On the other hand, your smartphone or tablet-based setup is safe because it uses the same security standards as any other app on your phone.
Use strong passwords for your wifi and Skype accounts to protect yourself from hackers. Use two-factor authentication whenever possible.
In this post, I have discussed how to turn an old Android phone, iPhone, laptop, and iPad into a baby monitor. All you need is an old phone(Android or IOS), laptop or iPad, an app, and a cheap wifi router. You can even use a low-cost wifi camera if you want.
I hope you like this detailed guide. Share your thoughts in the comments session. Thanks for visiting 🙂
Related Posts For You
2 thoughts on “How to Turn Phones Tablets Laptops Into Baby Monitors In 2023? – Step-by-Step Guide”
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.
You are welcome! Really appreciate