How To Link VTech Audio Baby Monitors With Parent Unit? Full Guide 2023
If you are a parent and have one of the models from VTech baby monitors, then you will know how important it is for you to be able to hear your child.
In this guide, I will explain how to connect VTech audio baby monitors with parent unit. This setup information is compatible with both the new and older models of the VTech audio baby monitors and also for all the audio baby monitors similar to VTech baby monitors.
How to link VTech audio baby monitors with parent unit? - Step-by-Step Guide
Here is the simple link/setup process for VTech audio baby monitor and VTech digital audio baby monitor. You can setup all the models below:
- DM1211-2/ DM1211
VTech audio baby monitors Guide
- To begin, you will need to install the battery in the parent’s unit. Make sure you have fully charged the battery. It takes around 16 hours to charge but will take more time if the parent unit is on.
- Remove the battery cover. Once this has been removed you will also see a small hole on the right side of the monitor. This is where the battery will need to be inserted.
- Once the battery has been inserted, close the back cover of the parent unit monitor.
- Turn on both the parent unit and baby unit by pressing the power button(some audio monitors have a separate page/link button for connection in this case you have pressed it). Green light flash which shows both are ready to use.
- Place the baby unit in the baby room and ensure it is 1 meter away from the baby crib.
- All done! Now your VTech baby monitor is ready to use.
How to turn on/off the VTech baby monitor?
Power on/off the baby unit
Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn on the baby unit. The green light flashes and the baby unit will turn on.
To turn off the parent unit, press the power button again for 5 seconds. The LED flash and parent unit will turn off.
Power on/off the parent unit
Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn on the parent unit. The screen turns on after five seconds.
To turn off the parent unit, press the power button again. The LED flash and parent unit will turn off.
What are the main features of VTech audio baby monitors?
You can control the VTech Baby Monitor with the app on your mobile device.
- The buttons on the side of the unit are used to adjust the volume. Different models have different volume levels, some have 3 and some have 5 or more.
- From the menu button, you can change language, set vibration alerts, and change channels.
- You can turn on and off the night light by pressing the night light button. You can do this from the parent unit and in some models from the baby unit.
- Some audio models have 2-way talk options to interact with your baby and some models have just a one-way audio option from the baby unit to the parent unit. To talk to your baby there is a microphone on the parent unit.
- Speakers are the main feature of audio baby monitors which allow parents to listen to baby voices and alert them when unusual things happen.
I have explained how to link different models of VTech audio and digital baby monitors with the parent unit. Also, I have discussed different available features and how to use them correctly to get better results for baby monitors.
Hopefully, this article will help you to find the solution to your problem. If you have any questions about VTech audio baby monitors, ask me in the comment section. I will answer them in detail. Keep visiting 🙂