How To Get Hair Out Of Baby Eye – Step-by-Step Guide & Tips For 2023
One of the best things about being a parent is the chance to watch your children grow up. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to capture the moments as they happen. If you have a young child, you may be familiar with the problem of hair sticking in the baby’s eyes. Your child is playing or doing something when suddenly, one of their hairs gets stuck in the corner of the baby’s eye. It’s not a big deal if you know how to get hair out of baby eye.
In this article, I will guide you on how to get hair out of a baby’s eye. I will also discuss how to avoid it happening again and again, some baby hair accessories to style baby hair, and a couple of FAQs.
You can remove hair from the baby’s eye with clean hands and a wet Q-tip. You can use either water or artificial tears. Mostly your baby’s tears will flush out the hairs in the eye.
How to get hair out of baby eye with Q-tips?
Follow the following ways to get rid of hair in the baby’s eye.
- Apply soap and water to wash your hands.
- Move with your baby into a room.
- You can get someone to swaddle your baby or hold them.
- Use your clean fingertips to try the upper and lower eyelids apart. It’s important to avoid scratching them with your nails. Before you start this process, make sure you cut your fingernail.
- If your child is old enough, you should ask them to look in different directions to locate it.
- Use a damped Q-tip or soft washcloth with warm water.
- To remove the hair, wipe it or gently rub it. It is necessary to take utmost care.
- If the removal went well, check for signs of irritation. If the baby feels irritated, use warm water.
How can you flush your baby's eyes?
The proper way to clean debris from a baby’s eyes is shown here.
- Properly wash your hands with soap and water.
- To keep their arms out of the way, have someone hold the baby or swaddle them in a blanket.
- To prevent water or saline solution from entering your baby’s mouth and nose, lean down on the baby’s face.
- Try to locate the hair by holding the affected eye open.
- Slowly pour the warm water or saline into the baby’s eyes using a small cup or eyedropper.
- Flush until the hair is gone.
- To avoid irritation, place the towel on the affected eye after removing the hair, to absorb the excess fluid.
How to get hair out of a wrangled baby’s eye?
Swaddle them. The baby should be wrapped in their favorite blanket to stop flailing arms. They will not be rubbing their eyes and causing more irritation if they are swaddled. You can put a towel underneath your baby if you do not have a blanket.
If you start to panic, your baby might become frightened. It’s a good idea to stay relaxed so that everything goes smoothly.
Distract them with a toy or song
The calmer your baby is, the greater your chance of spotting and removing hair. Play their favorite music or grab their favorite toy to keep them calm.
Dos and Don'ts of removing hair from baby's eyes
Here are some helpful tips on how to remove hair from your baby’s eyes to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- All hands must be on board. Two people are needed to remove hair from a baby’s eye. One person to hold them, and the other to remove the hair.
- To get the best possible results, you must use a spout cup to concentrate the flow of water. If you don’t have a spout cup, you can use a paper cup.
- It would help if you washed your hands with soap. You can infect your baby’s eye if you do not wash your hands properly.
- Put a warm towel on the baby’s eyes after removing the hair to relieve pain.
- When removing hair from your baby’s eye, avoid using any sharp object or your fingernails.
- Don’t hesitate to seek medical attention if you can not remove the hair. It might not seem like much but hair can damage your baby’s eyes.
- Don’t allow your baby to rub their eyes. The hair on the eye could scratch the eye.
- If you want to touch your baby’s eyes, don’t use an unwashed cloth, towel, or hand.
How do you avoid hair falling into the baby's eyes again?
There is a chance that your baby’s hair will start to get in their face more often as their hair continues to grow. If you want to stop your baby’s hair from falling into their eyes, there are things you can do to make that happen.
Take your baby for a haircut
If your baby’s hair is always getting into their eyes, then you should think about using a more permanent solution. Many parents don’t like their haircuts, but the most effective way to keep your baby’s hair out of their face is with them. Don’t worry. It’s okay! Eventually, their hair will grow back.
Try styling products
If you want to slick your child’s hair back and away from their face, you can use gels, creams, or pomades. To avoid irritation, use gentle products for a baby’s sensitive skin. Shea or cocoa butter can be used if you don’t want to use styling products.
Use hair accessories to pull baby hair back
You can keep your baby’s hair out of their face with hair accessories. Make sure they are baby-friendly. The accessories for newborn babies are more gentle on the hair and scalp than for adults. You can try some of the accessories.
- Hair ties
What are some best hair styling products for babies?
When styling a baby’s hair, use products that won’t irritate their skin. You’ll find that they are great for keeping your baby’s hair out of their eyes and face. Here they are!
Hip peas best hair styling balm
This product does not contain questionable ingredients like parabens, sulfates, or phthalates like the other products on this list. It also comes with a 100% money-back guarantee. This vegan pomade is powered by soothing ingredients including aloe, comfrey, lavender, and blueberry. It provides excellent hold, perfect for taming wayward locks.
Taming matte hair cream
This cream has a light, frizz-free hold. Its formula does not leave your baby’s hair greasy, stiff, or sticky. It is infused with organic ingredients like coconut and jojoba oil and is free of silicone, phthalate, and paraben.
Lucci's children's grooming supply
This pomade is perfect for babies with hair that needs a little extra hold and doesn’t contain any sulfates or Parabens. It is made with plant-based ingredients like olive oil, coconut, shea butter, and aloe. Joven, the most stubborn cowlicks, will be conquered by a slight drop.
Fragfre is a light-haired styling gel
The hair gel is free of potentially irritating ingredients like alcohols, phthalates, parabens, sulfates, and BHT. It gives you a lightweight hold that won’t irritate your baby’s sensitive scalp.
What can you do to keep your baby still?
You can swaddle your baby or take help from someone to help keep your baby still. Keeping them still is one of the most complex parts of removing hair from a baby’s eye. It is essential to prevent them from moving so that you can remove the hair and avoid an injury to their eye.
What if the baby's eye is infected?
If the baby’s eye is infected, put a warm towel on the eye. The process is simple: put the towel on for 5 to 8 seconds and then remove it and put it back after a few seconds. Repeat the same process 4 to 5 times. If your baby still cries then you have to visit your baby’s doctor.
Can hair damage baby eyes?
In most cases, hair does not damage baby eyes. But if you do not treat it well it may damage the eyes and get infected. The best solution to avoid this situation is to visit a doctor if you are unable to remove hair from the baby’s eyes. Cover the baby’s eye with a warm towel to avoid airflow and irritation.
How do I know if my child is having eye problems?
Here are a few signs that your child has an eye problem.
- There are headaches and eye pain.
- Babies rub their eyes more than necessary.
- Holding hand-held devices too close to the eyes and sitting too close to the television.
- A tilting head or covering one eye.
For the most part, the problem is solved by using a cotton ball and water. If the baby is crying because of something else, such as a fever or illness, you can use a warm compress to help soothe the child. To get a hair out of a baby’s eye, you need to find the hair and it’s easy for you to remove it.
I hope this article is helpful to you. If you have any questions kindly ask in the comment section. Thanks for visiting 🙂